The Dutch World Bikes-method
Dutch World Bikes now has a large number of quality bikes in stock. But with the name 'quality bikes', we are actually doing them a disservice. These are vintage Dutch bicycles, built between the 50s and 70s. Steel 'hores' like these are not made anymore. They have character and life experience. Whatever way you look at it, this is Dutch heritage that we should cherish. Heritage in beautiful colours and with sublime striping.
This is what we do.
You can read below what Dutch World Bikes is doing to keep these bikes from the past fit for the future.
- The bicycle will be stripped and all the parts that are still usable will be overhauled.
- The frame, the front fork, (usually) the mudguards and any other painted parts retain their original paint and striping.
- These parts are treated with a rust inhibitor and then sprayed with a clear two-component paint to capture the old glory under a strong gloss layer!
- The wheels are re-spoked with stainless steel spokes and brass spoke nipples.
- The rear wheel gets a new hub. Options include: a Sturmey Archer Duomatic, a Sturmey Archer three- or five-speed hub or the Zehus electric pedal-assisting hub.
- The bike is assembled with stainless steel fasteners and brass trims.
- Optioneel kan de fiets ook gepersonaliseerd worden. Met je eigen naam of bedrijfsnaam.
When the bike is ready, it won't be a bike anymore. It's a true bicycle that will last a lifetime. And that's why the human factor is important to us. So do you have any specific wishes about what your personal Dutch World Bike should look like? Let us know and we will make your vintage bicycle dream come true.